Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Excuses, excuses! Bring on the blog already!

So I started this blog thingy on a off day for me. I work 10 hour days Thursday's thru Sundays so from Sunday night on there is really just not that much to set me off. I avoid the news a lot on my days off, and about the only real contact I have with the outside world is band practice. So I guess what I am saying here is that since I signed up I just haven't had much to write about. But I will fall into a more normal posting schedule in the coming days.

So what I will do now is show you a bit of what I think you can expect once I get my keyboard out of my ass and start getting serious about this thing. I touched on this in my first post but I am a bit of a political junkie. For example a couple of weeks ago I wrote a 2000+ word rant called Where the Right Went Wrong a calling out of sorts to republicans about the dangers of business as usual. I thought about re-posting it but it is a little outdated now so I figure I'll throw the link up there and if anyone wants to check it out go for it.

I'm bound and determined not to just let this turn into a form for my admittedly out there political views. I hope that I can get to more fun stuff like music, movies, books, TV and maybe even a little science and philosophy here and there and even just write some stuff I find funny from time to time.

So if you happen upon this thing before I get some proper updates in then I hope you stick with me. I'll try to at least make you laugh and maybe on a good day make you think a little. Who knows, with some luck get a dialog going!

Until next time!
Goodnight,
From Parts Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment