Sunday, February 22, 2009

To Auspicious Beginnings!

Somehow the night I decided to start a blog called "Rantings from Parts Unknowns" I have nothing to rant about. I mean I guess I can force one. There is plenty of stuff that pisses me off as any one who ever bothers to read anything I write here will soon find out. But I think that starting off with a forced rant is just bad form so I'm not gonna do it.
I guess for lack of anything better to write about I will tell you a little about myself. I am 32 years old, I have lived in Southern California for all of my life. My "day job" is as a middle manager in an off track horse racing facility. Sound exciting? It's not. It's a state job (expect future rants about working for the state) and for the most part involves sitting in front of a large row of small TVs and turning up and down the sound for horse races all night. I do get to keep my trusty laptop with me while there, watch any TV I want, and pays well to boot so I can't complain too much.
In addition to ye old day job I have been in bands for the last 16 years or so. My current bands are a Metal band called The Kill Junkies, a horror punk band called Fangboy and the Ghouls, and have some goth/industrial songs I record under the name Lunitari.
I have also been trying my hand at writing. A couple years back I wrote a script for a Stoner/Golf Comedy called Green Fees. I am currently taking my first stab at writing something more "novel like" in the Fantasy genre.
Other stuff about myself I think you should know or will soon find out. I'm a big old geek. I'm a sarcastic mofo. I obsess over politics and political theory (I'm so very far to the left I pop up on the right sometimes and am a not so closet New World Order enthusiast) and I am quite possibly addicted to twitter.

So I think that will do it for now. Plenty of time to get to know each other later. The girlfriend is knee deep in Viva Pinata and I think I'm ready for another cigarette.

Goodnight,
From Parts Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment